Within the club we have many members with a vast range of skills ranging from needlework and cooking to computer programming and complex electronics. One of the skills that is shared by many members however is photography so in April of 2021 our Chairman Martin Moyse (2W0NKS) set the club a challenge in the form of a Photography contest with 3 category’s, these being:
Amateur Radio, North Wales and Open. Members were given two weeks to submit their photographs and allowed to enter as many photographs as they wanted into the contest.
6 Photographs were entered into the Amateur Radio Category, 21 into the North Wales Category, and an amazing 59 into the Open Category, a total of 86 photographs in all.
The contest was judged by Pro photographer Matt Jacobs MSc He is an award winning Panasonic LUMIX ambassador, an Ikelite ambassador and has had his work used by many main stream magazines as well as for commercial adverts and TV etc. He has his own website http://www.narcosispictures.com which I can assure you is well worth a look.
In the Amateur Radio Category the winners are:
In the North Wales Category the winners are:
In the Open Category the winners are:
The Overall Winner of the North Wales Amateur Radio Group Photography contest 2021 is:
You can view all of the entries by clicking HERE
Well done and thank you to all of the members of the North Wales Amateur Radio Group that entered the contest, and of course to our highly esteemed judge Pro photographer Matt Jacobs MSc for judging the contest.
1. The contest will run from the 16th of April 2021 to the 30th of April 2021 and is open to all NWARG members to enter.
2. Entries will be judged by Pro photographer Matt Jacobs MSc and results announced on the NWARG Facebook page and via email.
3. If you enter images featuring third parties you must have their consent.
4. No images of children please and nothing containing questionable or sensitive subject matter!
5. Photographs in all categories may be enhanced using software such as photoshop and may also include composite images. With each entry tell us a little about the image, explain what the photo is of as well as what software you have used etc if any.
6. Category winners will be awarded with a NWARG Photography contest certificate. In each category a 3rd, 2nd and 1st place will be awarded as well as an overall contest winners award.
7. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with regards to the judges decision.